:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Le 17/11/2018 à 16:15, karl@??? a écrit :
> Didier:
>>     If you want to boot directly to the disk, then don't use a distro.
> ,,,
>
> I boot directly to disk, why shouldn't I use a distro ?
>
> I see no downside of using a distro, I just choose what parts I want
> to use.

    Would you be kind enough to describe how you do that? (unless you
found a distro which does this out of the box). Devuan's init scripts
expect to find the OS in a certain state which is achieved after the
initramfs sequence and is not done by the sole kernel. Eg /proc, /sys,
/run and /dev are supposed to be already mounted.

    Didier