:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 02:20:30PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> I note without objection (but rather with active appreciation, on
> entertainment grounds) that every single one of your talking point so
> far -- including the one above -- appear to have been copied
> near-verbatim from the pair of Freedesktop.org UsrMerge advocacy Web
> pages I dissected in this forum yesterday. Nicely played, sir!
>
> The above appears to have been copied from:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/TheCaseForTheUsrMerge/

Just to add fuel to the fire, I'll note that among the
benefits listed is this gem:

    Improved compatibility with current upstream development: In
    order to minimize the delta from your Linux distribution to
    upstream development the /usr merge is key.

If upstream signifies freedesktop.org (and who else could it
be?) I think this is a pretty frank expression of their
direction.

cheers

--
Joel Roth