:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 11:43:21 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20181116104321.3kpm4g2wlbpjgwgd@???>:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:19:30AM +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > So, after reading Steve's enlightening description, I am with him,
> > the merge is only needed by systemd and seems to be a way of
> > forcing it on everybody, so I am against it.
> >

> It would be actually more productive to base this discussion on solid
> technical arguments.

..this is primarily a matter of policy, and politics, on what sort
of tools do you want to have available for whatever you wanna do, and,
on what sort of tools do you want other people to have available for
whatever you want them to do. ;o)

..once you have made up your mind on the above, those technical and
tactical issues merely concern how best to make your decision happen.

> I have no opinion on the matter at the moment,
> since I have done very little research on it, and I will try to
> understand what's the technical side of it before judging on the basis
> of a gut feeling.

..most people can trust their gut feeling because your own gut is
always on your side, precisely because your gut can not escape the
painful ramifications of getting these bad things, badly wrong.

> I guess it would be more useful if we could all do owr own research
> and construct an informed opinion before participating to this
> thread. This is what I will do.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

Scenarios always come in sets of three: