:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 04:10:17 -0800
spiralofhope <spiralofhope@???> wrote:

> I conclude this is a transitory step toward making this mandatory;
> something like propagating the idea to ease transitional pains.

Oh, and I suppose I could chime in on the notion of Devuan following
suit.

Of course it should. At this point, it must.

From what I understand, not all Devuan-specific efforts have concluded.
Every upstream change that's resisted is another burden that distracts
from Devuan's core goals.. unless this becomes a discussion of
broadening them.

One could think that resisting Debian's choices in this matter could
just become someone's pet project, and that the core project would not
be diluted, but all this does is insert another effort and person as
something like an expansion of the "bus factor".[1]

I can't quite articulate it, but not following suit feels something like
scope creep.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor