:: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory se…
Author: Martin Hodges
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory services/Kerberos
Hi All,

> >> Quoting wirelessduck@??? (wirelessduck@???):
> > [snip]

> > [snip]
>
> You can use libpam-ldap for this, it handles the authentication part.

[…]
> There is also nslcd, which I remember using with samba-ad, as nscd
> didn´t like that ldap for some reason, and it has a different config
> file /etc/nslcd.conf
>
> I´d use nscd first, and if you run into trouble try nslcd.

    I had a similar requirement but only for the hell of it for several machines
at home. All Debian (at the time) with NFS homes. It made
installing/upgrading the  clients very easy.

There are several guides on the net but the one I found most useful for me
(the uninitiated) were the pages at spinlock (no affiliation).

http://techpubs.spinlocksolutions.com/dklar/kerberos.html

These pages give a bit more explaination and debugging help than the Debian
and Ubuntu references. The order of installation and testing of the
components is particularly helpful.

--
Best Regards

Martin Hodges