:: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Martin Steigerwald - 02.11.18, 23:58:
> golinux@??? - 02.11.18, 22:34:
> > On 2018-11-02 16:09, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

[…]
> > > Thank you for sharing your experience.
> > >
> > > Simon Walter - 02.11.18, 11:47:
> >
> > FYI while we're on the subject, this isn't terribly off-topic.
> > Posted to irc today but not well-known yet. It may or may not have
> > an impact on the future of KDE:
> >
> > https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/rhel_deprecates_kde/
>
> While I know at least of one KDE developer who at some time worked for
> Red Hat, I don't know whether he still works here, I basically could
> not care less.
>
> SUSE already dropped Plasma/KDE with SLES/SLED 12 and while having
> supported KDE for a long time.
>
> However, OpenSUSE still has and support both Plasma and KDE and I
> expect Fedora to still carry KDE software as well.
>
> So or so… I am quite sure that the engagement of enterprise
> distributors is not essential to KDE project.

The following blog post by Jonathan Riddel shares my point of view:

https://jriddell.org/2018/11/02/red-hat-and-kde/

He helped and I think still helps a lot regarding Kubuntu and is also
active in Debian Qt/KDE team.

But it shows again how important it is to have communities like KDE,
Devuan, Debian to be able to basically ignore decisions of even large
companies in FLOSS.

Communities rock! :)

--
Martin