:: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:34:31 -0500, golinux@??? wrote in message
<852c2c0690b6e9ad79ce15bfb52afcdd@???>:

> On 2018-11-02 16:09, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hi Simon.
> >
> > Thank you for sharing your experience.
> >
> > Simon Walter - 02.11.18, 11:47:
> >> I thought I should write to warn anyone that has not already
> >> upgraded to ascii.
> >

> FYI while we're on the subject, this isn't terribly off-topic.
> Posted to irc today but not well-known yet. It may or may not have
> an impact on the future of KDE:
>
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/rhel_deprecates_kde/

..I'm beginning to think the good people at kde.org may have prepared
themselves for this, by supporting, but not depending on systemd: 8o)
https://techbase.kde.org/index.php?search=systemd&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=1
https://api.kde.org/search.html?query=systemd
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/search-results.html?q=systemd
https://inqlude.org/search.html?q=systemd
https://community.kde.org/index.php?search=systemd&title=Special%3ASearch
https://userbase.kde.org/index.php?search=systemd&title=Special%3ASearch

..maybe we should take over KDE like we did sysvinit?

..or have them bribe us? ;o)
https://kde.slimbook.es/
https://slimbook.es/en/store/slimbook-kde
https://kde.slimbook.es/#software

..given RHEL's KDE move, and Ubuntu's init system(d), and the
historical systemd banana republic politics, they _may_ prefer
a plan B sort of wisdom over expensive panic attacks, if or
"if" somebody shoots down "systemd support of KDE"...

Scenarios always come in sets of three: