:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on a Purism
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on a Purism
On Friday 02 November 2018 at 23:10:48, Alessandro Selli wrote:

> On 02/11/18 at 13:36, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > Uness there is already a desktop environment adapted to the needs of
> > mobile touch devices.
> >
> > Or they provide it. Unless they rely on systemd, of course.
>
> https://pureos.net/
>
>         Free/libre software

> PureOS is a derivative of Debian GNU/Linux, with the best
> privacy-protecting software applications preinstalled.
>
> So, it does come with systemd. But it should be possible to migrate
> to Devuan.

That's an interesting idea, and it depends mainly on what they mean by
"derivative", I think.

Okay, so they have "the best privacy-protecting software applications
preinstalled", but I wonder what else is different from standard Debian?

I might well be interesting to do a dist-upgrade which PureOS wasn't expecting
to happen to it, and find out what the outcome is.

Antony.

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.