:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on a Purism
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on a Purism
On 01/11/18 at 13:19, m712 wrote:
> Your best bet is a killfile since he's guaranteed to bomb our inboxes after your message.

  Never mind, I'll stick to my statement and will ignore him.

  However, I'm happy to read today there is more activity in the
open-hardware front:

https://blog.system76.com/post/179592732883/system76-on-us-manufacturing-and-open-hardware

"So, what makes Thelio open hardware? The Thelio design we’ve worked on
for three years is open source. That means anyone can study, modify,
distribute, make, and sell the design. You can send the design files to
a metal shop to make your own Thelio. You can adapt the design for your
needs. Open source hardware is the physical version of open source
software. We believe it’s important to apply the same passion we have
about software freedom to the hardware itself. The open hardware
community is young and small compared to open source software. We hope
adding Thelio and Thelio Io to the ranks of open hardware will encourage
others to join the movement and make their designs free as well. We’re
very excited to see what people will do with free hardware designs. This
is relatively new territory."

  I am yet to see what they've done so far, but it seems they are close
to start production.

  Forget it, it was straight on their home page:

https://system76.com/desktops

The Open Hardware Computer Is Coming <https://thel.io>

Arriving on November 1

Thelio Systems are on the way!

Thelio, the world’s first open hardware computer, is landing soon.
Thelio fits stellar performance and thermal airflow design into a
beautiful chassis etched with the essence of its Colorado birthplace.

Thelio desktop computers will be available in 3 sizes to suit your needs:

* Thelio (Up to 32GB RAM, 24TB Storage)
* Thelio Major (Up to 128GB RAM, 46TB Storage)
* Thelio Massive (Up to 768GB ECC RAM, 86TB Storage)

Preorders begin on November 1st. Come back then to select your computer
design and customize your specs. Thelio computers will be ready to ship
in December.

Alessandro