:: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently pr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently prevent sysvinit from starting daemon
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:07:36 +0200, Didier wrote in message
<826ba68a-6289-d047-7e74-d970996d28c4@???>:

> Le 21/10/2018 à 19:01, Didier Kryn a écrit :
> >     I'm not an expert, but it seems to me the answer is in inittab;
> > the following line invokes the daemon which launches all the
> > scripts:
> >
> > si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
>

>     Well, there is also the following lines:
>
> l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
> l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
> l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
> l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
> l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
> l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
> l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6

..how many "runlevels" _can_ we add here? Can we name them freely?

..I'm not saying we should beat a stuffed "sysctl isolate $service"
systemd pig, just noting we have numbers and letters and lower and
upper cases etc and I've never seen anyone try "telinit 666" nor
'init Tor' nor 'init FlightGear' etc to swap box configs to do specific
things like surf porn, investigate corruption or race quad copters
in FlightGear online, and to "kill off everything else" using cpu,
gpu or ram etc, automagically.

>     So, well the inittab for runit might differ a lot from the
> inittab of rcS. Not a big deal, that's a small file.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: