:: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently pr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently prevent sysvinit from starting daemon
On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 11:18:39PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:07:36 +0200, Didier wrote in message
> <826ba68a-6289-d047-7e74-d970996d28c4@???>:
>
> > Le 21/10/2018 à 19:01, Didier Kryn a écrit :
> > >     I'm not an expert, but it seems to me the answer is in inittab;
> > > the following line invokes the daemon which launches all the
> > > scripts:
> > >
> > > si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
> >

> >     Well, there is also the following lines:
> >
> > l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
> > l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
> > l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
> > l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
> > l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
> > l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
> > l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6
>
> ..how many "runlevels" _can_ we add here? Can we name them freely?
>
> ..I'm not saying we should beat a stuffed "sysctl isolate $service"
> systemd pig, just noting we have numbers and letters and lower and
> upper cases etc and I've never seen anyone try "telinit 666" nor
> 'init Tor' nor 'init FlightGear' etc to swap box configs to do specific
> things like surf porn, investigate corruption or race quad copters
> in FlightGear online, and to "kill off everything else" using cpu,
> gpu or ram etc, automagically.

sysvinit currently supports runlevels 0-6, with 0 and 6 have special,
fixed meaning. There is *currently* no way of naming a runlevel using
more than one character, due to the way the "change runlevel"
information is communicated to the init process.

In Debian/Devuan, runlevel 1 has traditionally been assigned to
single-user mode, and runlevel 2 to multi-user mode. But there is no
written rule about that (meaning that a sysadmin can move and
configure runlevels around as she wishes).

HTH

KatolaZ