:: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently pr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently prevent sysvinit from starting daemon
On 21/10/18 at 15:32, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 08:50:40AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 02:25:04 -1000
>> Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:
>>
>> I don't remember the symlink maintenance scripts, so I
>> usually do this:
>>
>> chmod a-x /etc/init.d/exim4
>> Does your next update undo that?
>
> Not tested, but AFAIK during an upgrade Debian does not
> clobber any config files that have been altered or had
> permissions changed without prompting.

  I don't think init scripts are considered configuration files, as in
fact the are not.

  For instance, /etc/init.d/apache2 is a logically different component
of the apache2 package compared to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf as it
serves a different purpose: that is, not telling the server what sites
it should manage each running with what specific settings, rather
controlling and managing the processes that serve the configured sites.

  What does this change in practice?  That regardless that you remove or
purge the apache2 packages, the /etc/init.d/apache2 script is gone, but
the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf is kept in case you erased the packed
without a purge.

  So, I expect an update to overwrite the init script with the update's
version regardless, and to reset the permissions to those set in the
package.

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???