:: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
Inizio della pagina
Autore: eric
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
On 10/21/18 11:54 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 10/21/18 6:24 AM, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> The smart tv has wifi, like all this smart stuff we have today, if the
> HDMI cable has internet, I doubt it, just audio and video.
>
> Just so everybody knows the laptop for multimedia, amd radeon has a new
> from scratch install of ASCII, I've let it set overnight with a movie on
> pause and the log is open and running live and while I've had the net
> down the log says:eth0 link down, receive packet failed, dhclent failed
> to send 300 byte long packet over fallback interface(what fallback
> interface?), and last is send_packet: please consult README file
> regarding broadcast address.
>
> That was the last log, since I brought the net down and it's much, much
> quieter and seems to be behaving its self and my audio/video seem to be
> perfect.  I have a computer to repair, a laptop with no power, as I
> suffer spine & nerve damage & constant pain it maybe a all day job.  So
> I will be checking comments when I can.  But for ASCII and it seems to
> be behaving its self, that is great, with the intel its behavior was crazy.
>
> Thanks,

Hello Mr. Jimmy Johnson,

I am just a casual GNU/Linux user who is very much interested in the
Devuan project and I know next to nothing about networking and
firewalls. I just use what the default is on installation.

I just wanted to ask what log you are viewing and the method you are
using to view the log file.

I would like to check what kind of messages are being generated on my
system.

Thank you,

Eric