:: [DNG] Debian (and therefore Devuan)…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: [DNG] Debian (and therefore Devuan) runit package needs a little help
Hi all,

Install the runit package like any other package. Then put the
following in /etc/inittab, probably at or near the bottom:

sv:123456:respawn:/usr/bin/runsvdir /etc/service "___________"

Except the string of underscores contains 85 underscores: I couldn't
put all 85 in email.

When making run scripts, any daemon that requires a special directory,
such as /run/sshd, must make that directory with:

mkdir -p /run/sshd

before exec'ing the daemon.

Doing so requires only a couple milliseconds and a tiny amount of CPU
and RAM, but it relieves the package from creating the directory before
first use.

So far the only run script I have checked and running on my Devuan VM
is ssh(d).

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz