:: [DNG] No audio on speakers [Was: Re…
Author: Erik Christiansen
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] No audio on speakers [Was: Re: Audio woes in Ascii - speakers but no headphones
On 12.10.18 00:00, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>   I'd go for the sledgehammer:
>
> apt-get -y purge pulseaudio

Sounds good to me. What would one substitute, to provide sound instead?

"No sound" has today hit me too, after bringing my Devuan ascii/ceres
box up after some weeks in storage. At Multimedia-> Pulseaudio_Volume_Control
it shows Firefox-Audiostream on the playback tab, and "Output Devices"
shows "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo", plus "Port: Speakers". The volume
slider is hard right. But still no sound. :-(

It all worked before the mobo spent a couple of weeks in the dark. I've
checked the monitor menu to see that it's still set to HDMI, even though
the video obviously was, as that's there.

It was never as loud as I'd like, but no sound at all is no use at all.

Erik