:: Re: [DNG] How to build your own dis…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to build your own distro
 Hi Arnt,

El 14/10/18 a las 03:01, Arnt Karlsen escribió:
> ..why the 2 different web servers???

The configuration of Nginx requires granted permissions. At the same,
granted permissions in the cloud requires a dedicated server, more
expensive than a shared one. Not all the people can afford it.
Apache, instead, can be configured using a local .htaccess file.

> One of them should do, and I'd
> say the proper way to number them, would be "1A." and "1B.", rather
> than "1." and "2." for apache and nginx.

1.i)
1.ii)
1.iii)
1.iv)

I'm not a lawyer! ;-)

> If one of them is much
> easier or significantly better etc than the other, then the best one
> should be numbered "1." just like you did, and the other(s) should be
> thrown into an "alternative webserver setups" section in an appendix.

Personally, i prefer nginx over apache, but i use a shared hosting for
gnuinos; so, i'm using apache.
On the other hand, the configuration suggested by KatolaZ:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt

that is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEVUAN/(.*) /devuan/pool/$1
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECURITY/(.*) /debian-security/pool/$1
RewriteRule /devuan/merged/pool/DEBIAN/(.*) /debian/pool/$1

didn't work for me. I just shared the one which worked in my server, using Redirect 302.

Cheers,

Aitor.