:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Runit without …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Runit without SysVinit packages
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:44:14 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> And while we're at it, we want not to support systemd.
> But living with inert systemd scripts is at least tolerable.

Huh? U mean systemd unit files?

> Ideally there should be some systematic solution for all of this,
> leaving the choices to the sysadmin, but I don't see it as easy.

I think the sysadmin choice, if he wants systemd, is to quit Devuan
and go to Debian. If we try to support systemd just a little, we start
down a path which will be difficult to travel and even more difficult
to back out of.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz