:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL ver…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL version 2 is a bare license. Recind. (Regarding (future) linux Code of Conduct Bannings).
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:01:42 +0200
"Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <metux@???> wrote:

> I've seen a lot of self-declared 'social justice warriors', who
> finally did more harm than anything useful. Those who really did many
> good things, tend to not calling themselves that way.

You just couldn't let it rest, could you?

> These CoC issues remind me to things happening in other (eg. the
> political) field. For example here in Germany (in other European
> countries, too) certain movements try to establish certain CoCs to
> most areas of daily life, that just shall prohibit them from speaking
> their mind, eg.:
>
> * people against abortion shall be banned/silenced, as they're
> discriminating women.
> * people against gay marriage shall be banned/silenced, as they're
> discriminating gays.
> * people against child marriage shall be banned/silenced, as they're
> discriminating certain religions / cultures.
> * people who speak about crimal immigrants or refugees shall be
> banned/ silenced, as they're discriminating them
> * people who speak about costs of immigration shall be banned/silenced
> as they're discriminating immigrants
> * people who differenciate between immigrants and refugees shall be
> banned/silenced, as they're discriminating refuguees
>
> Those demands usually come from 'leftist' groups (mostly beaurocrats,

Oh, I get it. You're one of these guys who's just dying to let everyone
know how "conservative" you are, even if it means writing offtopic
(left vs right) on a thread that *had* been dead for 9 days.

Fine. Don your red MAGA hat, and join an anti-immigrant vigilante
group. Walk into Starbucks toting your tacticool AR-15 and a strap of
40 round mags. But next time, why don't you post this krap on whatever
extreme-right group's mailing lists you frequent, and keep it off
technical sites?

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz