:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with d…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with deBIan.ipacct.com
On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:26:31PM +0200, Evilham wrote:

[cut]

> $ curl -I -H 'Host: deb.devuan.org'
> http://195.85.215.180/merged/pool/DEBIAN/main/n/ncdu/ncdu_1.12-1+b1_amd64.deb
> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> Server: nginx/1.6.2
> Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 10:15:18 GMT
> Connection: keep-alive
> Location:
> http://debian.ipacct.com/debian/pool/main/n/ncdu/ncdu_1.12-1+b1_amd64.deb
>
> * OS/apt follows 302, therefore resolving debian.ipacct.com
> $ host debian.ipacct.com
> debian.ipacct.com has address 195.85.215.251
> debian.ipacct.com has IPv6 address 2a01:9e40::251
>
> * OS contacts the listed IPv6 on port 80, which refuses the connection.
> $ curl -I -6
> http://debian.ipacct.com/merged/pool/DEBIAN/main/n/ncdu/ncdu_1.12-1+b1_amd64.deb
> curl: (7) Failed to connect to debian.ipacct.com port 80: Connection refused

Now I understand (even if the latter URL is not what the previous
Location: header pointed you to, but that makes no difference). The
main problem is in the same request being channelled half via IPv4 and
half via IPv6. There is no alternative to 302 redirects, atm, since
this is how the Devuan repositories work (and has nothing to do with
amprolla, which runs off-line).

Yes. we should check all the IPs connected with a certain mirror, and
we should also include IPv6 support. It's in the TODO list :)

Thanks

KatolaZ