:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL ver…
Author: Bruce Perens
To: mark.rousell
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: GPL version 2 is a bare license. Recind. (Regarding (future) linux Code of Conduct Bannings).
Open Research Institute got our first space communication project
transferred over from AMSAT for two reasons: we had an ITAR/EAR avoidance
plan, and the engineering managers at AMSAT (a venerable organization that
has flown some 90 Amateur satellites since 1963) were inexperienced in
dealing with female engineers and were (IMO unconsciously) egregiously rude
on multiple occassions. The woman engineer in question is no wilting lily,
and in general refuses to represent feminist or women's viewpoints because
that isn't her thing. It may not be a gender issue at all, many men left
the organization as well.

Let's face it, guys. A *lot* of us are on the spectrum. I have motor neural
pathology and might be too. Those who are not on the spectrum may still
underperform in human relations, as we've just heard from Linus. We used to
tolerate this stuff, and it cost us in many ways. We ended up having to put
rules in place because so many folks were just plain unconscious, or
(worse) aware of their issues and stick-in-the-mud refusers to learn.

I am 60 and I *can* deal with this. I have many things to get done, and
can't afford to have the stick-in-the-mud guys on a project any longer. If
you want to paint yourself into a corner, that is your right, but IMO it's
a poor choice.

    Thanks

    Bruce