:: Re: [DNG] GPL version 2 is a bare l…
Author: Daniel Taylor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] GPL version 2 is a bare license. Recind. (Regarding (future) linux Code of Conduct Bannings).
On 09/17/2018 07:26 PM, golinux@??? wrote:

> Didn't Linus self-eject himself?
>
> I read your response (which should never have had to be written) to
> Linus' post. Well done!!  It will be interesting to see how his
> absence affects the kernel. If it goes where I suspect it might, I
> wonder whether there will be another fork in Devuan's future.

Short translation of Linus's letter to the list:
 Gee, I've been being a bigger ass than I thought and driving away
people I really want contributing.
  I'm going to take a break and get some training in how not to be such
an ass, BRB and try to be nicer to each other!

As a former kernel developer myself, this is probably overall a good thing.

The new Code of Conduct is also nothing particularly special, as even in
the '90's there were many *heated* discussions where it wouldn't have
been broken by any of the participants.

--
Dan