:: Re: [maemo-leste] Fourth state upda…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
New-Topics: Re: [maemo-leste] Fourth status update
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Fourth state update
Hi!

> I believe this is also the very first mail to the list... :-)
>
> We've just published a fourth status update, here:
>
>     https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-leste-fourth-update-july-august-2018.html

> The N900 images linked in that update should now boot to a
> hildon-desktop with functioning wifi(icd2 backed by wpa_supplicant).
> After a (first) reboot, the virtual keyboard (hildon-input-method)
> should also work, once enabled from the settings!
>
> Booting on the N900 still takes more than a few minutes due to some
> PowerVR bugs.

Thanks for heads up. Boot takes a few minutes, and produces scary
backtrace in the process. But it boots and system is slow but
usable. Good.

Hmm, I can turn it off by long press of power button. But I don't know
how to turn it back on. It boots ok after I remove/reinsert battery.

I can set up an wifi connection and it seems to actually work. Wow!
Hmm, it would be nice to have some kind of web browser in default
installation. I tried installing midori, but ran out of disk space.

Thanks!

                                    Pavel