:: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation P…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation Problem

dear Greg,

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018, fsmithred wrote:

> On 08/25/2018 06:07 AM, Jaromil wrote:
> > I suspect the best solution here is to release a new Devuan 8.1
> > "Jessie", we discussed it sometimes in the past evaluating the impact
> > of the keyring update.
>
> I'm ready for a point release. I made a
> devuan_jessie_1.1_amd64_desktop-live.iso yesterday, and it seems to work
> correctly, using deb.devuan.org. Still have to make one for i386, but I
> expect no problems with that.
>
> Tell me when.

this is very good news. I must admit for now I'm just airing opinions,
meanwhile CenturionDan is back and, as you know, the ISO installers
have been managed by Katolaz in ASCII and me and Dan in Jessie.

This move now needs some healthy cooperation and I believe we may
achieve it during September and before the Devuan Conference
(d1conf). Also Parazyd (who doesn't reads this list) is back from
vacations with time to spend on Devuan's ARM builds since two days. So
the best place is the devuan-dev list to coordinate on details.

So this boils down to the coordination of you (live), parazyd
(embedded & virtual), katolaz (iso, minimal live) and dan (iso) to
produce a new Jessie release. I'm sincerely happy to be out of the
release signing since ASCII, as a concrete proof this project has
really grown up. I'll certainly be around to kick some machines in
case they hiccup, plus join next wednesday 5 September at 22:30 CEST
if we like to have a developer's meeting on vdc.

ciao