:: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation P…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation Problem
On Fri, 24 Aug 2018, golinux@??? wrote:

> On 2018-08-24 20:51, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> >
> >   Errors documented by the console log from the other attempts have the
> > same error message:
> >
> > Aug 24 01:54:57 choose-mirror[31759]: DEBUG: command: wget -q
> > http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/stable/Release -O - | grep -E
> > '^(Suite|Codename|Architectures):'
> > Aug 24 01:54:58 choose-mirror[31759]: WARNING _: broken mirror: invalid
> > Suite or Codename in Release file for stable
> >
> >   The command does work for me:
> >
> > wget -q http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/stable/Release -O - |
> > grep -E '^(Suite|Codename|Architectures):'
> > Suite: testing
> > Codename: ascii
> > Architectures: alpha amd64 arm64 armel armhf hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel
> > powerpc ppc64el s390x sparc
> >

> >   Why is Jessie stable/Release labeled a "testing" suite?
>
> > Alessandro
> >

> When identifying releases in Devuan ALWAYS use the <codename> - jessie,
> ascii or ceres - NOT stable, testing or sid because our release cycle is not
> always in sync with Debian so is unreliable. I cannot answer to why testing
> was not changed when ASCII stable was released.
>
> Could you please run that again using:
>
> http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/ascii/Release

still same result:

wget -q http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/ascii/Release -O - | grep -E '^(Suite|Codename|Architectures):'
Suite: testing
Codename: ascii
Architectures: alpha amd64 arm64 armel armhf hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc ppc64el s390x sparc

I think we nailed it, lets wait for Katolaz to assess a solution, as
he is running the mirror operations and has a clear picture of the
situation.

*.mirror.devuan.org still points to packages.devuan.org - the old
repository - because the old installer has an old keyring...

I suspect the best solution here is to release a new Devuan 8.1
"Jessie", we discussed it sometimes in the past evaluating the impact
of the keyring update.

ciao