:: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation P…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation Problem
On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 12:47:44AM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2018 at 00:30:01, David Hoff Jr wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install Devuan 1.0 32 bit with the net install ISO. The
> > install goes fine until I reach the option to choose a repository.
> > There are 3 options and they all cause an installation failure.
>
> Can you be more specific about what this failure is?

If David is running into the same problem I ran into when attempting a
fresh jessie install a couple of months ago, then the problem is that
the user is asked to choose a mirror; the system displays "select and
install software;" followed by the select and select software step
failing.

I also think I know what's causing the problem. Jessie came out in May
2017, but a new devuan-keyring was created in October 2017. What I
suspect is happening is that packages from jessie security, (maybe
others too) are signed with the newer devuan-keyring package which
isn't part of the netinst. I've never tried updating a keyring package
in the netinst before the install process itself starts, but am
wondering if it's possible to grab the new devuan-keyring, switch to
TTY2, and install it with dpkg -i?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net