:: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation P…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation Problem
On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 00:47:44 +0200, Antony wrote in message
<201808240047.44695.Antony.Stone@???>:

> On Friday 24 August 2018 at 00:30:01, David Hoff Jr wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install Devuan 1.0 32 bit with the net install ISO.

..why Devuan 1.0 when you can have Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 stable release?
https://devuan.org/os/debian-fork/ascii-stable-announce-060818
which _may_ solve your problem.

..one of the problems with Devuan Jessie 1.0 is it was forked off
Debian's first systemd release Jessie, I would have picked Debian
Wheezy, Debian's last reliable init release, that IMHO would have
eased our distro fork pain, but I came here much too late.

> > The install goes fine until I reach the option to choose a
> > repository. There are 3 options and they all cause an installation
> > failure.
>
> Can you be more specific about what this failure is?

..i.e. cut-n-paste your error messages here, if they are long, put
them on https://pastebin.com/ and post your pastebin link here.

> > I want 1.0 rather than 2.0 since I am installing a CLI only
> > installation and my screen reading voice 'Voxin' will not work with
> > 2.0 in the console.
>
> Do you know why? What's the problem with using Voxin under Ascii
> rather than Jessie?
>
> > If necessary, I could do a full CD install but if so I will need to
> > know what to use in the sources.list file. Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Try to give us a bit more information about what actually happens,
> and/or a recipe to reproduce the problem.
>

> Antony.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: