:: Re: [devuan-dev] Upgrading ci.devua…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Upgrading ci.devuan.org
On Tue, 21 Aug 2018, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> Hi Jaromil and friends,
>
> In the end I bit the bullet and upgraded it anyway... I figured, I'd
> know if anybody had been around, and the upgrade went smoothly.

well done!

> It still needs a reboot, but I'm waiting to hear back from nextime
> before I proceed to reboot it as I don't have console access. If
> you can prod him into getting in touch, that would be helpful!

ok I just ping him on private channels. may take a while since he may
be traveling but will come sooner than later.

> Also the master build server, the one with the signing keys is probably
> also in the same state, and I don't have access to that one either.

I don't think I understand exactly which server is, but honestly I
think I also have no access. but have the signing keys anyway.

I believe we should follow up with a migration on Devuan's
infrastructure, which now counts up to 3 big servers running ganeti
and perhaps the CI is one of the last bits to move on it.

> I have access to enough of the build hosts to keep things ticking along.

great. Also I confirm since today we have presence at the server room
for a reboot if needed, however everything seems to run very nicely

> Also I will soon have my Talos II setup as a build host for both ppc64
> (big endian) and ppc64el and will begin in earnest to build beowulf.

wow, this is great news!!!

> At the moment my most pressing issue is fixing cloud_init and
> bootstrap-vz to build images for AWS, Azure and Google cloud.

also very good! once fixed we can include these targets in the vm-sdk
so that we can distribute these images as part of our "official"
releases. please keep me updated here on progress, perhaps in a
separate thread.

> It would be good for Devuan to get an account so we can push images
> directly to the market place. I'd like to automate this so we can
> build and push the images directly as part of our normal release
> cycle too.

I will create a caretakers@??? email account with all 5 CTs
reached in alias, so you can use that to create accounts and then
share the passwords for storage by all of us.

> Anyway, I'm trying to get more active on Devuan again, and having some
> success too!

yes! considering we really need to refresh and constantly monitor
parts of the infrastructure this is very good news. we all go through
periods of more or less activity, the important is that the love never
extinguishes ;^)

ciao