:: Re: [DNG] Towards a DSA/DTSA for be…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: leloft, dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Towards a DSA/DTSA for beowulf
On 01/08/18 01:03, leloft wrote:

> I am experimenting with the idea of a customised local instance of the
> Debian security-tracker but configured for Devuan Beowulf . Thus I may
> have access to a local devuan-security mirror from which I could
> extract a beowulf summary for this list to accompany the DSA summaries
> for ascii. To this end, I have done the following:

Great idea. Would love it and will help where I can.

MIRROR = http://deb.devuan.org/merged

> SECURITY_MIRROR = http://security.debian.org/debian-security

SECURITY_MIRROR = http://deb.devuan.org/merged (same as normal)

You'll need to change the code to reflect our security suites to handle
<suite>-security

> Are there Devuan equivalents to these? Am I being naive?

^^

> My reasoning was that as the distance between Devuan
> and Debian grows, so the desirability for Devuan-specific security
> advisories may well increase in tandem. As this is going to add a
> layer of uncertainty for the already over-worked upstream, my hope was
> that I could do some of the preliminary spadework, although spadework
> is about all it would (could) be. I have also reasoned that if
> it was that simple, it's already been done, and probably better.

We're all busy people - it's needed but not as much as other stuff.
Would love if you could take this on!

> Is there anything in this idea that could be developed into a 'project'?
> I have had a look at the devuan-security pages, and would be more than
> willing to be a junior participant in such a project.
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-security

Come over to #devuan-infra on freenode to discuss further