:: Re: [DNG] I need your help or anoth…
Author: Ivan J.
To: Basati
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I need your help or another developer's help with the project devuan with the children
On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 10:14:32AM +0200, Basati wrote:

> I am preparing a project for children from 8 to 16
>
> The idea is to introduce them into computing, devuan and python programming
>
> Using raspberry pi 3 B+ as a hardware infrastructure controlled by a devuan
>
> The idea is that they will be doing projects until the final project of
> building a weather station. There are none in the valley, it is a valley of
> the western Pyrenees.
>
> And it will be the children who will provide the valley's population with
> weather information.
>
> I need to build a custom image for rasperry pi 3.
>
> In which all the hardware of the rasperry is configured and mounted
> automatically, as it does scratch. In two formats console and desktop
>
> I need to customize it by language (we speak basque a Neolithic language of
> the European indigeas, we). Also for the programs you need to install. For
> example, PyCharm that does not have a package in devuan. And I have to put it
> in by hand.
>
> I have to leave the desktop configured by default, I don't know if the devuan
> officer will work for me, I think it's xfce. In touch mode.
>
> There are more than 50 machines to install. I'm compensated for the work of
> building the image
>
> Now, I've never played arm64. I'm an absolute neebie.
>
> I need help doing all this.
>
> Can you guide me? Can you get me the Inet links and reading order.
>
> What do I have to learn to do this?

I don't know if I have time to guide you through all of the image
building, but the documentation is already there.

For examples, you can have a look at a couple of blends and apply that
concept to your needs. Namely:

    https://github.com/headslive/build-system/blob/master/heads.blend
    https://github.com/maemo-leste/image-builder/blob/master/leste.blend

If you take the time to read these and learn how the repositories work,
it should be fairly straightforward to figure out what you have to do.

> This effort means that the work (images, console and desktop) can be reused to
> pay back. They would be as complete as the scratch images (which configure and
> mount all the hardware perfectly and have a configurator at the beginning)
>
> Devuan would have these two images. Nowadays it is impossible for a neebie or
> user to mount a raspberry with devuan.
>
> The devuan imagen has no installed Bluetooth, no basic console tools, it's
> practically empty. Everything has to be assembled by hand.
>
> The bluetooth firmware is gone, I had to put it in by hand.
>
> eudev does not mount the devices
>
> This cannot be used by a neebie or normal user. As it is now you have to know
> to assemble things by hand

All of that should be in place. Please report bugs for this kind of
stuff.

Cheers!

--
~ parazyd
GnuPG: 03337671FDE75BB6A85EC91FB876CB44FA1B0274