:: Re: [DNG] I need your help or anoth…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I need your help or another developer's help with the project devuan with the children
On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 10:51:17AM +0200, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi Basati,
>
> El 22/07/18 a las 10:14, Basati escribió:
> > I am preparing a project for children from 8 to 16
> >
> > The idea is to introduce them into computing, devuan and python programming
> >
> > Using raspberry pi 3 B+ as a hardware infrastructure controlled by a devuan
>
> As far as i know, raspberry pi 3 are able to detect bootable usb sticks (am
> i wrong?). So, debian-installer should work!

Doesn't Raspberry pi normally boot from the microSD card it uses for its
main file system?
Thus all you need to do is make 50 copies of one SD card and stick them into
the microSD card slots of the pi's.

So once you manage to make one bootable image, you won't need to make an
installers. You'll just need a machine to copy microsd cards.

I run my Raspberry pi with a stock microSD card image from Devuan.
You should be able to do the same, and after booting, install or uninstall
packages as desired. THen replicate the resulting card 50 times for your
50 mchines.

***

The one problem I've had with my Raspberry pi 3 is getting the wifi to work.
I simply haven't been able to find the right device driver.
It works out of the box with Raspbian, so there has to be one.

Does anyone know what to install for this?

-- hendrik