:: [devuan-dev] pre-assessing linux 4…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] pre-assessing linux 4.16.0-2 in ceres
Huh, that display breaking bug! I have experienced it for over a year.
Nothing special, only an empty screen and obviously NO GUI. It was
also caused by Linux, the kernel, when the infamous mode setting
changes have been incorporated. It was the infamous i915 black screen
bug. But I still continued to use Linux notwithstanding of having to
endure this. My MS Windows fellows cannot understand that, needless to
state the glaringly obvious, for them, it is utter frenzy to use a
complete tumbledown kernel like Linux.

I survived by learning and by being contented, to grope in the dark
while I logged into a terminal, typed the root password and issued the
bewitched command to tell the OS where to find my integrated GPU.

Sorry, I don't remember the command, but it was, a real blessing to have it.