:: Re: [DNG] elogind and startx
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] elogind and startx
On 06/15/2018 04:12 PM, Haines Brown wrote:

> xserver-xorg-video-dummy, xserver-xorg-input-void,

> Result is that when xserver is run by user, it brings up a frozen
> fluxbox window manager. No keyboard or mouse input. My keyboard is
> dead. So had to do a hot shutdown.

This package provides a 'dummy' display driver, which does not actually
display anything.

This package provides the void input driver, which never actually
registers any input events -- it is, as
such, a 'fake' driver.

I don't know the purpose of these packages, but I suspect they may be the
cause of the problem. Maybe you need some real drivers, such as
xserver-xorg-input-all
xserver-xorg-video-<something that matches your hardware>

>> I find udev and eudev to be both installed, but apparently udev is being
>> used.

'dpkg -l | grep udev' should show that udev a devuan package. (devuan is
in the version) and eudev will also be there.

fsmithred