:: [DNG] elogind and startx
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] elogind and startx
I installed ascii 2.0.0 without desktop. Usually I have installed the
packages associated with the xserver: xserver-xorg-video-dummy,
xserver-xorg-input-void, xserver-xorg-core, xinit and x11-xserver-utils.

But in ascii release notes it says, "In Devuan 2.0 ASCII it is
sufficient to install 'elogind' and 'libpam-elogind', and then use
either 'startx' or 'xinit' as usual from a regular user account."
Is this implying that I do not need to install the xserver files listed
above? Or must they be installed, and the elogind simply relocates the X
server log?

Haines Brown