:: Re: [DNG] Ascii LVM Encrypted Issue
Author: Stefan Krusche
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Ascii LVM Encrypted Issue
Am Donnerstag 14 Juni 2018 schrieb Michael McConnell:
> Thanks for confirming I am not going crazy (: I've been googling around
> to see if USB is a non-free firmware element and from what I can tell
> since loading firmware via USB seems to be the recommended way to load
> non-free drivers I doubt this is a licensing issue. From what I've read
> it appears intel and a few others gave USB 100% license free. Sooo is
> this just an overlooked driver from the release?
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

The driver for USB is in the standard kernel. It just wasn't included in the initrd created during my installation, at least not the one for the USB keyboard, as I did the installation with another, old PS2 keyboard *and* chose "only necessary drivers", not "generic", which includes all the available drivers into the initrd, if I understand correctly. So, as no USB was being used during install the installer included no USB drivers in initrd, I think. In my case the problem didn't have anything to do with licensing or non-available non-free software or something like that.

Regards,
Stefan