:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTec…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
Le 05/06/2018 à 08:48, Lars Noodén a écrit :
> Of the the targets for purchase, I'd say that Canonical is weakest and
> M$ always goes after the weak and crappy products. Ubuntu is not crappy
> but Canonical is not in good shape and like Red Hat it has been
> infiltrated at the executive level by "former" Microsofters. But unlike
> Red Hat because Canonical is much smaller, these are a much higher
> percentage of the team and have an outsized influence. A purchase could
> further damage upstream Debian and thus Devuan.

    They have enough money to buy any private company. The most usefull
is RH because it has the full control over systemd and most other
distros are now dependant on systemd. All the Linux community is
strongly dependant on RH, not only via systemd, but because RH is the
most important developper in Linux, including in the kernel. And RH is
already developping the bizness model of making profit out of Linux.

    I'm convinced systemd is a major step delibaretely made by RH in
view of its resale to M$.

        Didier