:: Re: [DNG] (forw) [GoLugTech] Micros…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
Quoting Mark Rousell (mark.rousell@???):

> To play devil's advocate, what can go wrong?

Autonomy.

The Void Linux distribution is, according to Steve Litt, currently in
semi-chaos because GitHub, Inc. recognises no other user other than the
founder as having authority over the project's data. If Void Linux
controlled its own software infrastructure with appropriate
collaborative arrangements, this administrative hurdle would be easy to
solve.

As long as they outsource software infrastructure, that infrastructure
runs according to someone else's rules. Personally, I want my software
infrastructure to implement _my_ policies and follow _my_ rules.