:: Re: [DNG] initial elogind package r…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] initial elogind package ready / RFC
On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 04:41:57PM +0300, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 2018-01-05 20:08, Andreas Messer wrote:
> > If anyone like to try it out, checkout branch suites/experimental
> > from https://git.devuan.org/amesser/elogind.git and build with
> > debbuild. This is my first package, comments are welcome.

First of all thank you for your elaborate review. I agree with most
of your comments and adjusted accordingly.

> [...]
> dh $@ --builddirectory=build --with autoreconf --parallel
> ```
>
> Remove `--builddirectory=build` as you set it in override_dh_auto_configure
> and --parallell, afaik dh is clever enough to enable it automatically.
> [...]

`--builddirectory` is needed for all dh_* commands. Otherwise they don't
know where the build folder is and wont find the files. `--parallel` is on
by default for debian/compat>=10 only. Currently I don't see any need to
require debhelper>=10 when 9 is sufficient.

I also found a workaround to shutdown/reboot and mounting issues with
KDE5/Gnome 3: Just don't enable elogind's PAM module. In that case
ck-list-session shows the session again and everything works as expected.
Of course, the session is not registered with elogind now. I tried
reordering pam_elogind.so and pam_ck_connector.so before that but this
didn't help.

For me this is very obscure - why does Gnome 3 depend on logind if it works
without having the session registered with logind?

Anyway, I have now changed the libpam-elogind to disabled the pam module by
default. Can be manually enabled with `pam-auth-update`.

cheers,
Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51