:: Re: [DNG] request: please evaluate/…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request: please evaluate/provide elogind-or-other ASAP
On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 11:54:09AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 07:55 +0100, Andreas Messer wrote:
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 11:44:25PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Thus: could you guys please prioritize work on elogind or some alternative?
> >
> > Just started yesterday: https://git.devuan.org/amesser/elogind. There was
> > already some work by shwsh but that seem to be stalled. (All the devuan
> > packet stuff is missing there as well.)
> >
> > Depends on my time, but I think I will have a basic setup running with
> > sysv init script within the next week. I have to sort out how to handle openrc
> > because this is a compile time setting in elogind. Maybe i have to build
> > different packages.
>
> As I wrote on IRC I'm willing to help you with packagin of elogind. One
> confusing thing of elogind is that there exists three repos on github:

Sorry, din't see that.

> https://github.com/elogind/elogind
> https://github.com/wingo/elogind
> https://github.com/shwsh/elogind
> Which one did you pull from?

The shwsh fork's changes have been merged back into elogind. I'm currently
using elogind as base, this is the original project and I think we should
go with it. I didn't look at other forks.

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51