:: [DNG] Packaging problem with rxvt-u…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Packaging problem with rxvt-unicode [was Re: ROXterm flickers in ascii]
Le 02/01/2018 à 22:42, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp a écrit :
> Terminator on ascii is 1.90 and depends on gtk3 - I was not very surprised to find it not functional any more. But Terminator from jessie (0.97, gtk2) still works on ascii.
>
> Anyway, nothing beats urxvt:-)
>
> Nik

    In a fist try, I wasn't able to find urxvt on Ascii, but I got it
today, simply searching for rxvt*. Stupid me!

    This terminal emulator is maybe the only one not depending on
libvte, not speaking of libcairo, which several others depend on.

    There are several versions available on Ascii: rxvt-unicode,
rxvt-unicode-256color, rxvt-unicode-lite. All 3 package are
incompatible, but this incompatibility shows up in a bizarre way in
Synaptic: when you select one for installation and another one is
already installed, you are not prompted with the mesage that this other
should be removed; instead the new package or both are marked as broken.
I'm not expert in .deb, but there seems to be a mess in package
dependencies.

        Didier