:: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
Author: Chris Dos
To: devuan developers internal list, KatolaZ
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
On 12/22/2017 12:01 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 04:13:14PM -0700, Chris Dos wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I know nothing about zfs. Does your email mean that the package works?
> :)
>
> Thanks
>
> KatolaZ

Mostly. The /etc/init.d/zfs-zed won't start as the /etc/zfs/zfs-functions
points to /sbin/zed instead of /usr/sbin/zed. The patch I attached to the
last email included the fix. Not sure if there is a better way of doing it as
I could not find a variable name for /usr/sbin

Know nothing about zfs? Well, don't start learning it as you will probably
not want to use anything else. Having snapshots every 15 minutes (or
whatever) alone are just worth the price of admission. Also knowing your data
is in an absolutely perfect state on your storage brings huge piece of mind.
I'm still discovering new features about ZFS. Just last month I found out zfs
had a diff command to compare the differences between two different snapshots.
Useful to find out the files changed by a ransomware infection or other worse
case scenario.

    Chris