:: Re: [devuan-dev] Maintainer field f…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Maintainer field for Devuan Packages
Am 22/12/2017 um 7:33 schrieb KatolaZ:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 09:05:43PM -0600, Patrick Meade wrote:
>>
>> So, six Devuan developers walk into a bike shed...
>>
>> At the Devuan Developer meeting on December 20th, 2017, fsmithred asked
>> about package metadata for the desktop-base package currently being
>> updated for the Devuan Ascii release. The questions were:
>>
>> * What text should be put in the Maintainer field of the control file?
>>
>> * What text should be put in the Uploaders field of the control file?
>

> Potentially interesting discussion, but I think I will be bothered
> with it when we have more than 20 maintainers maybe. The golden rule
> should be: the last who touched it should mend it (unless somebody
> else mends it in the menawhile, but then she becomes the last who
> touched it, so the golden rule above applies automatically).
>
> We need more packagers before imposing more policies, IMHO.

I mostly agree with this :-p. FWIW, the d1h thread on dev1galaxy does
mention precisely this.
Uploaders field gets removed, Maintainer to last person who touched it.

ATM that kind of removes any "implied ownership, power, and control over
a package." which, right now is pretty much a good thing, because it
means anyone can just jump in and continue working on a package.

Besides that, workgroups are a great thing! But ATM it's not worth it;
kind of the same for "official @devuan.org" emails.

I'd guess we should keep an eye on it to recognise the moment in which
this lack of separation becomes more of an issue than a feature :).
--
Evilham