:: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Deb…
Author: John Hughes
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rc.local removed from Debian 9, rly?
On 21/11/17 14:21, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, John Hughes wrote:
>
>>     On 20/11/17 11:30, Jaromil wrote:

>> 1- it [ rc.local ] is not created by default
>>
>>     It exists on my stretch systems.
> I always and only mean Debian 9. So I will reformulate:

> 1- /etc/rc.local does not exist by default on Debian 9.

Debian Stretch is Debian 9.

/etc/rc.local exists by default on Debian 9

> this is not a major problem since most scripts won't fail.
>
>> 2- it is not executed in Debian Stretch (9) even if existing
>>
>>     I, as you might have guessed, use systemd, so rc.local is started by
>>     rc-local.service:
> is it the case that one must run two systemctl commands in order for
> rc.local to be processed, or will rc.local just be found and executed?

No, no systemctl commands are needed, systemd-rc-local-generator will
enable rc-local.service if /etc/rc.local is executable, which it is by
default on Debian Stretch (AKA Debian 9).

> I know about rc-local.service, my point is not about that being
> available.
>
> I believe both points 1 and 2 are regressions.
>
> 2 is a breaking regression in most setups.

What regressions?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/score/i/x/ixrxdpiezwcsj11b0mb4buzmt7p4025/ixrxdpie.ogg