:: Re: [DNG] hotplug of SD cards fails…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng, Didier Kryn
Subject: Re: [DNG] hotplug of SD cards fails on Jessie
Hi Didier,

On 11/21/2017 04:37 PM, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 20/11/2017 à 14:37, aitor_czr a écrit :
>>
>> Hi again Didier,
>>
>> On 11/20/2017 02:23 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Didier,

>>> I'm using vdev in combination with pmount on jessie and both work
>>> fine for me; however, i've never tested them in a SD card. But, if
>>> the nodes are created in /dev, they should work.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>>   Aitor.
>>
>> I misunderstood your question, i thought you were trying to mount an
>> USB device on a system *installed* in a SD card.
>>
>> Forget what i said so far :)
>>
>>   Aitor.
>>

>     I mean: when I insert an USB memory key, an associated icon pops
> up on my desktop, but when I insert an SD card, nothing shows up. The
> system is on a disk.
>
>     I don't know how xfce is informed of the presence of a new device.
> I'm afraid it's by dbus.
>
>         Didier

If you want to avoid dbus, then i recommend you to use pmount instead of
udisks/udisks2. I have had a system detecting physical devices without
dbus (using, as i said, vdev and pmount). RecentIy i uploaded an image
of gnuinos including both of them. Dbus also has been removed from the
dependencies of the network manager (simple-netaid instead of wicd) but
dbus is still present in the system due to gvfs :(

Cheers,

  Aitor.