:: [DNG] Different philosophies
Author: jack da
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Different philosophies
Thanks for your comments. I wrote "disparate" not "desparate", although
having looked it up, I should have used "diverse".

The first paper I wrote on Alternative Init Systems for Devuan was
published in

https://talk.devuan.org/t/an-alternative-init-system-for-devuan/205

However, that version was not busybox-based. As "talk.devuan.org" has been
frozen, pending destruction, I struggle to find a new forum for writing
about my work.

The only other specific reference I can think of is for the 100-line initrd:

http://nairobi-embedded.org/initramfs_tutorial.html

The complete sh-script is towards the end of this paper. However, I added a
bit to run fsck [e2fsck].

The caveat to any of the code you can find on-line from these references is
that some effort is needed to get them working reliably; however, I do
use these on all my computers, everyday. Whilst I use Salix for the most
part, they have run on Void and Devuan in earlier times.

jacksprat