:: Re: [DNG] OT: MX-Linux 17 Beta1
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT: MX-Linux 17 Beta1
On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 04:54:17PM +0000, leloft wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 19:11:13 +0000
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
> > If you are on Devuan Jessie you can just simply *upgrade* to Devuan
> > Ascii. There is no need to start from another distribution. Just
> > replace "jessie" with "ascii" in your sources.list, and then
> >
> > apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
> >
> > My2cents
> >
> > KatolaZ
>
> Worked like a charm (~1500 packages, 750mb, less than a couple of hours
> downtime). One observation: although the dist-upgrade was
> performed over ssh, the installation of glibc was halted because xdm
> was active; the option to continue was ignored and the interrupted
> upgrade process had to be resumed with an 'apt-get install -f ' to fix
> broken dependencies before re-issuing the 'apt-get dist-upgrade' which
> ran to completion without a hitch.

Hi leloft,

if you have a log of the upgrade, we can have a look into it. It is
not too unusual to have to issue an "apt-get -f install" during a
dist-upgrade, depending on how much up-to-date your distro was and on
how many releases had passed since you did your first fresh install (I
am sure I am not alone in having had a server with a Sarge/testing,
which got all the way through Wheezy/stable over 7 or 8 years).

HH

KatolaZ