:: Re: [DNG] Problem with xorg on 6th …
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Problem with xorg on 6th gen Intel cpus
On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 04:41:11PM +0000, jack da wrote:
> hello Joel,
>
> thanks for your reply. I have moved on to Salix, which, unlike its
> Slackware parent, has apt-like dependency resolution and is as [un]reliable
> as any of the non-systemd distros that I have evaluated/used on my travels.
>
> Suffice to say that I have tried different devuan-based distros, and
> compiled my own recent module-free, custom kernel - nothing I tried
> worked. Since this matter was registered as a bug/issue with the devuan
> project, I received little feedback. When my 6th-gen intel boxes start to
> die and be replaced by amd/arm [losing faith in intel], I may give devuan
> another try.

Hi Jack,

I have been using devuan on a i5-6200U for almost two years now, and
without any problem. It was first a jessie, which was later upgraded
to an ascii. Everything works. I must note that I am using the Intel
video card (I don't remember if you had anything else instead). With
kernel 4.5, 4.7, 4.9, 4.11, everything works fine, even the HDMI
output port (that I use quite a lot).

Hope this helps.

KatolaZ