:: Re: [DNG] Advice?
Author: Hector Gonzalez
To: [DNG]
Subject: Re: [DNG] Advice?

On 11/05/2017 09:49 PM, rodolico wrote:
> I've been watching devuan for a while, and like what I see. I had
> planned a migration of our servers from Debian to a combination of
> devuan and freebsd in the future, and have been leaving everything as
> LTS wheezy for now.
>
> Now, our plans have to be accelerated due to a recent problem with
> wheezy and Xen.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. is
> https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan
> still the way to go?

I haven't had a problem with it, but you should try this with a virtual
server first.  You can use a virtualbox machine as a Xen Dom0, and test
your process there (yes, I've done that).

> 2. Has anyone tested Xen (as a DOM0) with devuan, or will we be doing
> this first.

Yes, It works fine, I have several Xen Dom0 running in production, the
oldest one has been running devuan for over a year now, it has 20 DomU's
now.

> Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Make backups, test your backups, and don't overwrite your backups with
new versions, and try out your process with virtual machines first.

--
Héctor González
cacho@???