:: Re: [DNG] Pdftk users, watch your b…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pdftk users, watch your backsides
On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 22:18:10 +0100
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 14:57:04 -0500, Steve wrote in message
> <20171105145704.366798cc@???>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As many of you know, my bare metal distro is Void Linux, a rolling
> > release. Rolling releases are like a canary in a coal mine: They're
> > the first to drop dead when there's a problem.
> >
> > In this case, the GCC folks quit supplying libgjc,
>
> ..why?

What I heard was that libgjc was terrible and buggy code.

> ..what happens if you recompile said canary compiler
> from source with: --enable-libgjc ?

Recompiling a compiler is a little rich for my blood. Much easier to
re-craft exiftool to replace the lost pdftool functionality.

SteveT

Steve Litt
October 2017 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21