:: Re: [DNG] Google abandons UEFI in C…
Author: zap
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Google abandons UEFI in Chromebooks

On 11/02/2017 07:35 PM, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 at 15:03:36 -0400
> zap <calmstorm@???> wrote:
>
>>> Prove it.
>>>
>>> https://puri.sm/posts/purism-librem-laptops-completely-disable-intel-management-engine/
>> Something tells me you won't accept any other answer except your own, so
>> I will pass.
> I take any verifiable fact as proof. Don't duck away blaming the others of
> your cowardice.

Very well then,
https://libreboot.org/faq.html#will-the-purism-laptops-be-supported

that is one perfect example. If it were possible, I think libreboot
would have said something by now about the intel_me cleaner making it
possible.

Another thing, if you want to know if is truly possible to support
purism try opening a pull request on
https://notabug.org/libreboot/libreboot/pulls.

I guarantee Leah will specify how impossible it is.

Coreboot does load blobs for certain devices, so it shouldn't be any
surprise that coreboot supports librem.

If it can be used on libreboot that is different and I will gladly
recommend it to everyone and anyone.

Even despite the bad press stuff, etc,