:: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis
Author: zap
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis

On 10/27/2017 10:34 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 19:39:53 -0400
> zap <calmstorm@???> wrote:

>>> Debian fan? He's one of the people who build the distribution Devuan
>>> is  based on.  He's not a "fan".
> If a developer on a project ISN'T a fan of the software he's
> developing, you have a bad situation and you're going to have bad
> software.

That sounds about right. Although... I wonder then why systemd is so
crappy considering the devs love their pet...

Complexity I guess overrides how much you love your pet. and other
factors...

I still have a mixture of irritation and amazement, that systemd is
considered libre software yet causes so many issues and
security/stability flaws. amazing yet terrifying...

> Everyone: John Hughes has history here. See the following:
>
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/mindex/dng@20151218.114434.e5e44af4.en.html
>
> And here's what I wrote after he posted his fiftieth prop-systemd or
> ambi-systemd on DNG in a period of a couple days.
>
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151219.183351.831454aa.en.html

Interesting... so he is a troll.  A pity he isn't even an entertaining
one...